Gramado (Brazil): Sunkid for the ultimate indoor skiing experience
Winter sports and après ski are increasingly becoming a year-round experience for winter sports enthusiasts thanks to state-of-the-art indoor ski halls. This is also the case in Gramado (Serra Gaucha region) in Brazil, where South America's first indoor ski hall with an area of 16,000 m² has recently been opened. The centerpiece of the indoor hall is a 120-meter-long ski slope, which is accessed by a Sunkid Moving Carpet®. This not only transports skiers and snowboarders safely and comfortably to the start of the slope, but also serves as an ascent aid for numerous other activities such as tubing, airboarding or tobogganing.
Own Sunkid development for indoor ski halls
Initial experience in Dutch halls showed that conveyor belts in indoor halls require a very special design. For this reason, Sunkid is the only company in the world to have developed a special indoor conveyor belt.
Facts about the Sunkid indoor conveyor belt:
- Special substructures that can be individually adapted to any indoor hall
- Easy and quick access to all components for maintenance and cleaning
- Special fire-retardant design of the components
- Optimization of shutdowns due to the Sunkid "Radius" side exit
- 3-ply high quality conveyor belt made of natural rubber (no PVC)
- Extra wide conveyor belts 750mm - 900mm - 1.200mm
- Project-related handling in intensive cooperation with authorities, TÜV, etc.
- Unique snow removal concept