The Moving Carpet replaces regular bus service
- Installation site: Winklmoos-Alm, Chiemgau (D) The Moving Carpet, in combination with the gondola lift, replaces the regular bus service to the Winklmoos-Alm. It serves as a connecting lift between the top station of the gondola lift and the Winklmoos-Alm.
- Length: 114 m
- Gradient: Ø 20%
- Drive: 11 KW
- Th. capacity: up to 750 pers./hr.
- patented Sunkid radius side exit
- Conveyor belt properties:
- width: 600 mm
- Surface: Blue Eye (= conveyor belt made of hard and smooth natural rubber with vulcanized soft carrier modules)
- Cold resistance up to -40 degrees Celsius
The high plateau of Winklmoos-Alm is located at an altitude of about 1,200 m and together with the Austrian ski resort on Waidringer Steinplatte it is an important ski center in the Chiemgau Alps. On the territory of Winklmoos-Alm there are vacation homes and alpine huts. In order to reach them, it is possible to drive up to the alp with your own car only in summer.
In winter, the Alm was only accessible by bus. Since last winter season, the buses have been replaced by a gondola lift and a 114-meter-long Sunkid Moving Carpet. From the top station of the gondola lift, this serves as a connecting lift for both winter sports enthusiasts and vacation guests at the Winklmoos Alm. The use of this transport alternative saves 50,000 liters of diesel per year and allows both guests and the environment to breathe a sigh of relief.