Sochi (RUS): Sunkid supplies a total of 10 Moving Carpet for the Winter Olympics
For the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Sunkid installed a total of 10 Moving Carpet. These are a learning aid for children and beginners who want to learn how to ski. However, Moving Carpet is also used as a transport aid within ski resorts. One of these Moving Carpet for passenger transport is the highlight among the Sunkid installations in Sochi: an 87m long Magic Carpet with Evolus Gallery (conveyor belt roofing) and numerous extra features connects one of the top hotels in the Sochi ski resort with the nearby gondola lift. "This installation is the most exclusive Moving Carpet in Sunkid's history to date," explains company CEO Emanuel Wohlfarter.
- Over 2600 installations worldwide in more than 60 countries.
- Two technologies: endless belt and link chain
- "Blue-Eye" belt surface - particularly slip-resistant
- Conveyor belt widths up to 1.2 m
- Active hydraulic tensioning station for optimal belt tensioning
- Sunkid Gallery - the perfect canopy system
- Sunkid Radius side exit - the patented exit solution
- WORLD RECORD:
- Length 400 m, speed: 1.2 m/s
- Motor: 60 KW, drive drum: Ø 600 mm